It seems like every single week there are games that end up coming down to situational football, and the team that is prepared and executes the best in this area ends up coming away with the win. In Planning and Practicing Situational Football, Andrew Coverdale explains how he prepares his team for situations that may come up each week, along with the typical down, distance, and field position decisions he makes every single game. Coach Coverdale also explains a few interesting situations that he has experienced in his coaching career and how he learned from them.
Among the topics covered:
• Avoiding clock management mistakes
• Calling plays when you’re behind schedule
• Playing the field position game
• Preparing for the red zone
• Preparing for unique situations every week