As a sport, weightlifting has existed for a number of years. In fact, it has been part of the Olympic Games since 1896. Weightlifting is called the ultimate sport because it encompasses all the attributes required of the ultimate athlete-strength, power, speed, technique, balance, and flexibility. Weightlifting: The Ultimate Sport explains how to train for the Olympic lifts (snatch and clean & jerk). The DVD is designed as the perfect source for individuals who want to get started as a participant in weightlifting meets.
Among the topics covered:
• Defining weightlifting, the sport
• Talent identification
• Basic exercises for a strong foundation
• Learning the Olympic lifts: squat snatch, squat clean, split jerk
• Assistance exercises for the Olympic lifts
• Frequently asked questions about getting started in Olympic lift competitions