AEDs: Understanding the Basics provides an overview of the use of automatic external defibrillators in health/fitness settings. In an easy-to-apply and understand manner, the critical value of having early defibrillation in exercise settings for individuals who experience sudden cardiac arrest is detailed. The DVD explains how exercise professionals can minimize their potential legal risk by following a simple emergency protocol that includes proper training and use of an AED when needed. Current recommendations and legal precedents for AED use in health/fitness facilities are also reviewed.
Among the topics covered:
- The primary goal of an AED program
- Early defibrillation ? a critical link in the chain of survival
- Recent recommendations concerning AED use in health/fitness facilities
- How exercise professionals can minimize their potential legal risk involving AED use
- Turn-key and practical resources for implementing an AED program in health clubs.