Developing a Positive Coaching Philosophy identifies and reviews the 10 principles of successful coaching. Reflecting the core attributes and practices of the best coaches in the world in all sports, the principles provide the philosophical foundation for being an effective coach at all times. The DVD is appropriate for all coaches at all levels of competition-particularly individuals who are just beginning their coaching career.
Among the topics covered:
- Professional learning and growth
- Creating self-belief in the athlete
- How to develop self-discipline and self-responsibility in the athlete
- What is a leader and a mentor
- Fundamentals of coach-athlete communication
- Teaching for independence-not dependence