A good practice flow includes three components: ball-control drills for warm-up, moving to individual skill development, and team tactics. Designed especially for beginning volleyball players, Practice Organization for Youth Volleyball features a practice that incorporates the three basic components. The DVD also includes drills that are age- and skill-appropriate for youth. Competition drills are also provided to help the players transfer individual learning into playing the game.
Among the topics covered:
- A practice effectively designed for youth
- An individual skill development progression of passing, setting, attacking, and serving
- Team tactics, including factors involved in the development of transition, team defense, and match strategy
- Easy-to-understand drills that focus on a single factor at a time
- Drills for encouraging and inspiring young athletes