Shoulder Injuries in the Overhead Athlete: Identifying Risk Factors and Development of Effective Prevention Strategies provides an overview of the current literature and its clinical relevance concerning preventing injuries in overhead athletes. The DVD also includes a discussion of best practices for identifying athletes at risk. In addition, the DVD discusses the key factors involved in designing and implementing successful injury prevention programs.
Among the topics covered:
• Upper-extremity injuries in overhead athletes
• Injury risk factors: participation factors
• How can we change the participation factors?
• Pitching technique as a potential risk factor for injuries
• Injury prevention: pitching technique and injuries
• Does shoulder range-of-motion influence injury risk?
• What are the characteristics of a prevention program?
• What makes a good program?