Featuring one of the most respected defensive coaches in the history of the game, The 3-4 Defense: Alignments, Assignments, and Responsibilities provides an overview of several of the key factors involved in the 3-4 defensive scheme. Initially, the DVD details the advantages of a 3-4 defense, particularly when compared to a 4-3. The DVD then discusses how players are aligned in the 3-4, what assignment they`re expected to undertake, what technique they should employ, and how coaches should individualize how each defender plays according to his unique skill set. The DVD also reviews how the "Phillips 3-4 defense" is executed. Finally, the DVD explains how coaches can utilize the 3-4 to combat specific offensive strategies.
Among the topics covered:
- Advantages of the 3-4 defense
- Alignments, assignments, and techniques
- Alignments, assignments, and techniques continued
- The "Phillips" 3-4 defense
- The "Phillips" 3-4 defense continued
- Combating offensive strategies